After Wednesday’s Twitter hack, one of the largest data breaches in Twitter’s history. After investigating the incident Twitter has shared the updates regarding the last Twitter hack.
The incident started after some of the big profiles on Twitter started tweeting out a scam cryptocurrency asking for the bitcoin and will return the double amount of it.
Read more: Twitter Wednesday Hack Story
After that, it was found that the Twitter accounts of big-profiles of Twitter that includes Bill Gates, Elon Musk, Warren Buffet, Barack Obama, Jeff Bezos, Michael Bloomberg, Wiz khalifa were hacked.
After this incident, the news spread like fire within a few hours and attracted the world’s eye’s on the Twitter hack. Twitter has been providing updates regarding the Wednesday Twitter hack on a daily basis. Below are mentioned official updates by Twitter regarding the security breach.
The Twitter hack incident took place on July 15, 2020, Wednesday
- Twitter said that the hackers used social engineering technique to gain Twitter internal access.
- Twitter said that hackers got through the two-factor authentication.
- Hackers accessed Twitter internal admin tool of Twitter’s internal support.
- Hackers interacted with 130 Twitter accounts through admin tool said Twitter.
- From 45 accounts, hackers logged in and tweeted the cryptocurrency scam and initiated a password reset.
- Twitter also said that the hackers also tried to sell some of the hijacked accounts.
- Twitter didn’t clarify about the data download by hackers
- Once the Twitter hack came into the light of the world, Twitter temporarily blocked the tweeting for verified accounts
- Twitter didn’t clarified that the hackers downloaded clear-text password of users or not
- However, attackers didn’t access the personal information of the victims such as email address, phone numbers except for 8 users.
- A law enforcement investigation is already going on.