Recently Central Government has launched a nationwide app development “innovation challenge for the development of a video conferencing app” challenge for Indian Companies with a prize of 1 crore to come up with their innovative ideas to develop an app for video conferencing.
Since recently the news started about the security flaws in the Zoom video conferencing app and also according to some security researcher the app is vulnerable to high-security flaws that can be easily exploited and can be hacked easily. Also, cybercriminal started Zoom bombing in the Zoom video conference call to show age-inappropriate video/photo during the class lecture and meetings.
Recently there are many incidents of hacking and posting the user’s information of the Zoom video conferencing app on the dark web.
So keeping this in mind central government as part of Make in India program come up with a challenge for budding developers to develop a secure and innovative app for video conferencing solution and stand a chance to win 1 crore.
Qualification required for the Make In India challenge
- Any individual or team can participate in the challenge
- In the second stage, the best ideas will be shortlisted and will get 5 lacs and 10 teams will be shortlisted in this round.
- At the second stage, the top 3 teams will be shortlisted and will get 20 lacs for creating the app.
- At the final stage, the best app will be officially announced for the video conferencing app by the state and the central government.
- Also, the winning team will get a prize of 1 crore and 10 lacs per year will be sanctioned for the development and maintenance of the app.
Mandatory feature for the conferencing app
- Support all video resolutions and audio quality
- Compatible with any device.
- Consist of a chat option during the video conference
- Have a video, audio recording feature
- Have encrypted network communication
- Use low power and work even in weak network scenarios