Microblogging site Twitter has finally introduced voice messages to be sent via DM. This decision has been made just a few days after the site introduced the Beta Program for Clubhouse Like Feature “Twitter Spaces”. According to the company, it is also an experimental feature that is only released in India, Brazil & Japan.
This feature has been released to provide touch to touch communications via Twitter DMs. The feature is already available on other social media platforms like Instagram, WhatsApp & Snapchat.
How to Send Voice DMs on Twitter?
Voice DMs as the name suggests will allow users to send a short audio clip to their followers & Friends/Family. But how to use this feature?
- Make Sure the Application is updated
- Open Twitter Application & Go to the DM Section
- Search or Select the person you want to send the voice DM to
- Open the Person’s DM & Click the Microphone / Voice Wave Icon on the bottom right corner.
- Give the necessary permissions.
- Record the Voice Note and Send the Message
- You can also listen to the message before sending the message.
Earlier last year, Twitter introduced Voice Tweets, which suggests the company is trying to make its platform more user-friendly and easy to use.