Huawei is going to launch its next flagship device, which could be the Mate 40 series. According to some rumors, Huawei has filed a patent for the circular touch display on the back. This circular secondary display will be used for the alternate basic tasks that will enhance productivity.
So, this secondary touch display lies around the quad rear camera setup. And the camera design of the alleged Mate 40 series might be similar to the Mate 30 series.
According to the photo which was there in the application filed with the Global Design Database of the World Intellectual Property Office (WIPO), the additional touch display on the back changes according to the way you use them.
What kind of features will be there in the secondary display?
As we have earlier said the display on the back changes according to the way you use them. But you can expect these features:
- It will notify you of the upcoming alarms, and through the display, you might be able to snooze it or decline it.
- It might behave as a clock so that you don’t have to check your phone again and again for checking the time.
- It might flash the message count or the message details when you get one.
- When someone’s calling you, so you’ll get a feature to accept it or decline it with the caller name or number.
- You might be able to control the zoom while capturing the photos through the display.
- You can also control the volume, flip pages through that display.
One of the most interesting features of this screen is that you can also turn this off which makes it go completely dark.
The application for this patent was filed in July 2019 and is registered this month, and you can see the edges of the device in the application. Through these images, we can conclude that there will be a notch on the front which will house the front camera. On the bottom edge, there is a USB Type-C port with speaker grille on the left of it and the sim card tray on the right of it.
According to the LetsGoDigital, we can expect this smartphone to arrive around September or October. But there’s no official announcement made by the company yet. Till then stay tuned with us for future updates.