LinkedIn is the largest online business and employment-oriented service. As of March 2019, it has 610 million registered users and is considered as a major tool for connecting job seekers with Enterprises. Apart from that it also has other features like to apply for Internships, work as a trainee, gain recommendations for job opportunities etc. However it is said that 51% of the Accounts are incomplete with containing insufficient information. So here Tech Infinite presenting some tips for having a Professional LinkedIn profile.
1. FILL OUT THE ACCOUNT INFORMATION
Certain fields in your profile have to be filled in the sufficient manner so as to catch the attention of the viewer.
- Fill out your name properly with a recent and decent Profile Picture.
- Add an illustrative Job title in order to maximize your chances to meet the Viewer’s Expectations.
- Regularly upload Projects and Presentations to showcase to your relevant skills, expertise and talent to get selected.
- Enter your Work Experience in your Profile. It is a vital attribute for an applicant as it is preferred and given high preference by Employers.
- Always list your highest Academic Qualification as it will make it easier for the employer to sort you out.
- Carefully enter your skill sets and use the right keywords as this will help you in giving more relevant job opportunities.
- Analyze your Profile Strength Meter to see if your profile is sufficiently filled.
2. CHOOSE THE RIGHT PROFILE IMAGE
Make sure you upload your latest Profile picture in which your Profile Photo is clearly visible and appealing.Make sure that your face occupies most of the frame and the picture is taken with a clear and modest Background.
Specifications for the Profile Photo are-
- 200 x 200 pixels and higher resolution.
- 1:1 Aspect ratio
- Maximum File Size 10MB
You can also upload a Cover Photo to make your Profile look more attractive.Specifications for the Cover Photo are-
- 1584 X 396 Pixels recommended
- 129:8 Aspect ratio
- Maximum Size 4MB
Every time you upload a post it will be better if it is added along with an Image .
For Mobile Posts Resolution of 1200 X 628 Pixels is recommended with an Aspect Ratio of 300:157.
For Desktop Posts Resolution of 1200 X 1200 Pixels is recommended with an Aspect Ratio of 1:1.
3.GET MORE RECOMMENDATIONS
To get the right Opportunities it is important not only to exhibit the right skill sets but also get the right recommendations from the Experts of your Domain.It not only adds credibility to your Profile but also enhances your Profile visibility and builds Trust.
One should try to get recommendation from their past employer in order to build trust.A written statement of Endorsement from your past employer can build a lasting impression on a viewer of your profile.
4. EXPLORE SOME HIDDEN FEATURES
There are also some hidden tricks to do more on LinkedIn.
- You can message someone even if you are not connected to him.If you are a member of a common group then you can directly message him.
2. Download the list of Connections along with : Name,E-Mail Address, Company Name and Title from the My Network section of your LinkedIn Profile.
5. ANATOMY OF PERFECT LINKEDIN PROFILE
One can use the following suggestions to increase the chances of their profile showing up in search results and to improve your profile.
- Have a SEO-Friendly LinkedIn URL which is short,professional and is easy to share among your Colleagues.
- Have a illustrative Profession Headline as it is scanned by LinkedIn and is used as keywords.
- Add your Profile in Multiple Languages.
- Optimize your Job title and Job Description for better Results,It will be Better if you focus on a single Skill or goal rather than overboarding with Multiple Skill Sets,
- Share your LinkedIn profile on your Social Media handles in order to increase reachability of your Profile and to get better results.
- Publish articles on LinkedIn as it will help in showcasing your Technical Skills and help in expressing your Expertise.
- Last but not the least and most Important …..Make sure your Profile Visibility is ON! Then only people from Public domain can access your profile.
Your doubts/queries are welcomed in the comment box!