The Signal app is created by the Signal Foundation formed by WhatsApp co-founder Brian Acton. It is an encrypted messaging platform.
Follow the below steps to move your Whatsapp group chats to Signal
- Open the Signal app and click on the three dots in the right-hand corner and create a group.
- Set the name of the group and add participants.
- Click on the group settings and then tap on the Group Link.
- Turn Group Link On and then tap the Share option.
- The above step will copy a link, Now simply go to your Whatsapp Group and paste the link. Now, your friends can click on the link and start sharing in the new group!
A lot of people have been asking how to move their group chats from other apps to Signal, and Signal group links are a great way to get started. Drop a group link into your former chat app of choice like you're dropping the mic on the way out. pic.twitter.com/q49DeZufBG— Signal (@signalapp) January 7, 2021